Years before she became a TV and film star with everything from Wet Hot American Summer to Todd Margaret on her resume, Janeane Garofalo was just a sarcastic comedian with a dream. That dream? To roll her eyes at everyone in the world. And yet, no matter how dark she got, or who she started insulting, she always seemed like the coolest person in the room. With Janeane performing at Moontower Comedy Festival, one of the stops on IFC’s Comedy Road Tour, we thought we’d reminisce about some times when one of our favorite comics was the snarky best friend we wish we had. (Heads up: because this is Janeane, there is some NSFW language below.)
10. She’s always honest with herself.
9. She knows when to call you on your crap.
8. She doesn’t sugercoat anything.
7. She knows what lines not to cross.
6. She’s in with the chosen people.
5. She doesn’t have time for your nonsense.
4. She knows weed brings out your spiritual side.
3. She’s disappointed by everything.
2. And optimistic about how pessimistic she is.