This month, we’re streaming The Midnight Meat Train on IFC.com. Believe it or not, the movie stars Bradley Cooper, who in just short amount of time, went from unknown actor to Academy Award nominee. We thought we’d take a look at just how he made that possible. Here’s our step-by-step guide to hitting the A-list. Give it a read and then check out The Midnight Meat Train, a fantastically-titled, critically-acclaimed horror schlock-fest.
10. Make your bones doing TV.
Bradley popped up on a number of TV shows during the beginning of his career, such as Kitchen Confidential – a short-lived sitcom based on Anthony Bourdain’s bestseller.
9. Land a part in a comedy cult classic with a hilarious cast.
One thing that can’t ever hurt a career is being part of an ensemble of comedy all-stars before they become household names.
8. Star in at least one horror flick.
Every A-lister has at least one horror film on their resume.
(Stream The Midnight Meat Train for free on IFC.com)
7. Handle your partying like a champ.
Even though Bradley gave up his partying ways so he could focus on his career, that prior experience had to be somewhat helpful when it came to the Hangover films.
6. Know how to conduct yourself during interviews.
Doing press is a big part of an actors life. Then there’s this.
5. Put everything into at least one great role.
4. Find a director you work well with, and do anything they ask you to.
Bradley wouldn’t perm his hair for just anybody.
3. When Marvel comes calling, say yes.
Who would have thought that voicing a somewhat degenerate, renegade space raccoon would pay off in such a big way?
2. Make an epic movie about a war hero.
Cooper’s next film, American Sniper, is already getting Oscar buzz. Talk about on a roll.
1. Ignore the haters.
There’s going to be a lot of people that will say you can’t ever make it. Remember that when you’re costarring with them one day.