Graham Linehan‘s wonderfully brilliant comedy The IT Crowd has taught us all a lot of things. For example, it has shown us that there are no goth traffic wardens, music and swimming pools are not the same thing, the phrase is actually “damp squib”, boss-eyedness is no joke, you should never let a masseuse get away with kissing your bottom, and staging an historical reenactment of the death of your girlfriend’s family is probably a bad idea. Also, they don’t actually make Smarties Cereal, but that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying it on your own. With such helpful life lessons, it is clear that the show is a shining example of educational television.
But wait, there’s more! You see, the The IT Crowd is also chock full of helpful tech tips. It is, after all, a show about the IT department at what we can only assume is a very busy multinational corporation. We’ve gathered the best advice from Moss, Roy, and Jen and put it into a very helpful list format, which we thought was better than DOS.
Ten Tech Tips from ‘The IT Crowd’:
10. People From the Past Know Nothing About Computers
9. Translation Software Only Works When You Can Use Your Computer
8. You Should Know What IT Stands For Before Telling Someone That You Do It For A Living
7. Never Run Windows Vista on Your Bomb-Deactivating Robot
6. If You Type Google into Google, You Can Break the Internet.
5. The Internet Hardly Weighs Anything
4. Never Spill Anything on Your Electric Sex Pants
3. Make Sure It’s Plugged In
2. Turn It Off and Then Turn It Back On
1. And, Of Course, You Need A Browser To Access The Internet:
The IT Crowd airs tonight as part of IFC’s Automat at 10:30 p.m. ET