We’re pulling out all the stops this month when it comes to horror, genre, sleaze and shock. June on IFC is not for the faint of heart — check out a grindhouse flick every single night of the week at midnight. The freak fest features films like Dee Snider’s “Strangeland”; pet zombie satire “Fido”; high school horror comedy “Tormented”; campy cannibal classic “Motel Hell”; and “Gothic” (pictured), a seductive and dark twist on the story of Frankenstein from director Ken Russell.
Also check out cult films like teen werewolf dramedy “Ginger Snaps”; ’80s classic “The Gate,” featuring a young Stephen Dorff; and Brazilian sadistic horror with the “Coffin Joe” trilogy. And don’t miss the premiere of Lars Von Trier’s controversial “Antichrist,” and much, much more, all month long.
Also in June, IFC celebrates Pride Month with Out at the Movies. Tune in for a history lesson with the IFC original doc “Fabulous! The Story of Queer Cinema.” Plus, Hugo Weaving, Guy Pearce and Terence Stamp star in the hilarious tale of drag queens trekking across the desert in midnight movie classic “The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.”
And, long before he was making million dollar boat movies, Leonard DiCaprio played young, rebellious 19th century French poet Arthur Rimbaud, who embarks on a destructive romance with fellow writer Paul Verlaine in “Total Eclipse.” Check out these films, as well as Cam Archer’s “Wild Tigers I Have Known,” Dirk Bogarde in “Victim,” the bittersweet “It’s My Party,” Gregg Araki’s “Nowhere” and over-the-top action comedy “D.E.B.S” — Thursday, June 3rd and the following week, June 10th starting at 4:45pm.
And, get ready for an all new season of our sketch comedy series Whitest Kids U’ Know. The troupe returns with more antics and back to back episodes every Friday starting June 11th @ 10pm.
PREMIERES THIS MONTH:
- SLOW BURN A district attorney gets caught up in a tangled web after his mistress claims she was sexually assaulted by a man laying dead in her apartment. With Ray Liotta, Chiwetel Ejiofor and LL Cool J. Premieres Wed 6/02/10 @ 8pm.
- ANTICHRIST A couple (Willem Dafoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg) grieving for their deceased son head out into the woods to try to heal their wounds, only for their relationship to take a shocking turn in this very controversial film from Danish provocateur Lars von Trier. Premieres Wed 6/02/10 @ midnight.
- THANK YOU FOR SMOKING Jason Reitman (“Up in the Air,” “Juno”) directs this film about a tobacco lobbyist facing the tough task of promoting cigarette smoking as the risks of it become more apparent. Stars Aaron Eckhart. Premieres Wed 6/09/10 @ 10pm.
- BENNY & JOON Johnny Depp gives a defining performance as a guy who impersonates Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton, and ends up falling for the mentally challenged sister of a local resident who takes him in. Premieres Tue 6/15/10 @ 8:15PM.
- GOTHIC Gothic takes a look at how Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein” took shape, as a group of friends share scary stories during one horrifying night. Premieres Sun 6/20/10 @ 12:00AM.