It’s about time to start enforcing those trusty resolutions… after, of course you’ve nursed the hangover that comes with ringing in 2010. In honor of new beginnings and breaking old habits, IFC’s celebrating the New Year with those in need of serious resolution rehab. It all kicks off 6am on January 1st with the old-school warning on the dangers of marijuana, ‘Reefer Madness.’ Then check out great performances from Joseph Gordon Levitt and his “(500) Days of Summer” co-star Zooey Deschanel in “Manic,” their first film together; and the Oscar-nominated Catalina Sandino Moreno as a drug mule in “Maria Full of Grace.”
Also, see Cate Blanchett and “21 Jump Street” alum Dustin Nguyen in “Little Fish,” Nicholas Cage in “Leaving Las Vegas,” a young Matt Dillon in Gus Van Sant’s “Drugstore Cowboy,” and John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson in search of serious redemption in Quentin Tarantino’s “Pulp Fiction.”
Also this month, don’t miss hardcore bad asses kicking major butt in IFC’s fight club, taking flight Thursday, January 14th at 6:15pm with Chuck Norris in “Good Guys Wear Black.” Uma Thurman’s vengeful bride sets out on a violent mission in the “Kill Bill” films, and Mel Gibson stars as “Mad Max” in the classic 1979 Australian futuristic action flick.
And, tune in for a series of films that bring different people together for one twisted story. It’s six degrees of IFC on Thursday, January 28th starting at 7:30pm with the Oscar-winning “Crash,” followed by “Pulp Fiction” and “Go.”
Plus, don’t miss your guide to this year’s Spirit Awards with IFC’s 2010 nomination special, premiering Wednesday, January 29th at 7:30pm.
PREMIERES THIS MONTH:
- DUMMY An unemployed man decides to follow his dream of becoming a ventriloquist, and various other life changes follow suit. Stars Oscar winner Adrien Brody (‘The Pianist’), Milla Jovovich and Ileana Douglas. Premieres Mon., January 4th @ 8:00pm.
- CLOSER Two couples form a tangled web when a partner in one of the relationships gets involved with a partner in the other. Ensemble cast includes Natalie Portman, Julia Roberts, Jude Law and Clive Owen. Directed by Mike Nichols. Premieres Wed., January 6th @ 12:00am.
- GO ‘Swingers’ director Doug Liman brings together three different stories that result from one bad drug deal. With Katie Holmes, Timothy Olyphant and Sarah Polley. Premieres Mon., January 11th @ 8:00pm.
- WHITE COUNTESS A blind American man forms an interesting and loving relationship with a Russian escort; one struggles with a traumatic past while the other struggles with a shameful present. Ensemble cast includes the late Natasha Richardson, Vanessa Redgrave and Ralph Fiennes. Premieres Wed., January 20th @ 6:00am.
- CITY OF GHOSTS Matt Dillon stars and makes his feature directorial debut in this thriller about a con man who leaves the US to avoid a criminal investigation, and ends up in more trouble than he bargained for. Premieres Wed., January 27th @ 9:45pm.