Monty Python fans are going to love this month on IFC. And if you’re not a Python fan, get the hell out! Just kidding — now is a good time to introduce yourself to the troupe that defined comedy. Beginning October 18th, tune in for a six-day Python-a-thon, including the premiere of the IFC original doc “Monty Python: Almost the Truth, The Lawyer’s Cut,” a series highlighting the rise of the famed comedy team, and features interviews with all the surviving Pythons as well as SNL mastermind Lorne Michaels, Jimmy Fallon, Russell Brand and many more. And all week long, catch an original Python film including “The Life of Brian,” “Live at the Hollywood Bowl,” and the classic “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.” Also in the mix is the sketch comedy series “Monty Python’s Flying Circus,” which airs all week, as well as Mondays at 7:30pm and Fridays at 11pm.
Kicking off October 25th, “Arrested Development” will be making IFC its new home. The comedy series focuses on the dysfunctional Bluth family household after the patriarch is sent to prison for engaging in dirty financial practices. Catch it every Sunday at 10pm with back-to-back episodes.
Also this month, in honor of the season, IFC presents Indie Screams, two weeks of indie horror beginning October 18th and leading right up to Halloween. Just a few films being served up: Rob Zombie’s “The Devil’s Rejects,” the equally freakish “Strangeland,” the teen-wolf frightfest “Ginger Snaps” as well as classics like Tobe Hooper’s “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” and his follow-up “Eaten Alive.” And because some vacations aren’t always a day at the beach, we’ve got “Motel Hell,” “Turistas” and “Cabin Fever.” There’s more, so be sure to check out the full schedule for all the horrifying films airing in October.
PREMIERES THIS MONTH:
- ANNIE HALL Winner of numerous Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Director, Woody Allen created a romantic-comedy masterpiece about a neurotic New Yorker who falls in love with the dynamic Annie Hall. Premieres Thursday, October 8th @ 10pm.
- MOTEL HELL Unsuspecting travelers fall victim to a sadistic farmer. Premieres Friday, October 9th @ midnight.
- TURISTAS A group of travelers come across an evil secret after getting stranded in a small village on a paradise island. Premieres Monday, October 19th @ 7:25pm.
- SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE Willem Dafoe gives a memorable and Oscar-nominated performance in this film about the strange occurrences which took place during the making of Nosferatu. Premieres Saturday, October 24th @ 8pm.
- JEEPERS CREEPERS 2 The Creeper is back, and he’s brought his appetite with him in director Victor Salva’s sequel to his popular 2001 sleeper that finds the creature snacking on a bus of high school basketball players and cheerleaders. Premieres Friday, October 30th @ 7:15pm.