10. Listen to Metallica’s or Jay-Z’s Black Album.
9. Count how many times Black Rob says “whoa” in his 1999 hit, “Whoa.”
8. Take the Indie Ear Black music quiz.
7. Give your black cat a fist-pound.
(left: This is my black cat, and, yes, I already gave her a fist-pound today.)
6. Pull out your guitar and attempt to play AC/DC’s “Back In Black” while simultaneously duck-walking like Angus Young.
5. Watch one of the funniest music videos of the year, The Black Keys’ “Strange Times.”
4. Cross your fingers for the sake of our economy and hope that Sunday is also “black” by listening to Cypress Hill’s seminal Black Sunday album. (Singing “Insane In The Brain” can also be very cathartic after fighting long lines all day at the mall.)
3. Play six-degrees-of-separation by connecting Black Sabbath to the Black Kids.
2. Go to a karaoke bar tonight and sing Pearl Jam’s “Black.”
1. Pop in Amy Winehouse’s Back To Black album and think back to last year at this time when music critics were praising her, instead of gossip columnists trying to bury her. If you’re feeling a little saucy listen to the Ghostaface Killah remix of “You Know I’m No Good.”