Yesterday, underground hip-hop fave Murs, released his brand new album titled, Murs For President. After thinking about it for a second, it doesn’t seem like such a bad idea after all.
Here are 10 reasons why I think Murs would do al’ight in the Oval Office:
10. Murs’ State of The Nation addresses would be done in 16-bar freestyles. Who wouldn’t tune in for that?!
9. Murs can skateboard. When was the last time you saw John McCain or Barak Obama pop an ollie?
8. John McCain’s running mate, Sarah Palin, played in her high school’s state basketball finals with a broken ankle. So what–Murs was tossed into a dumpster by John Cena.
7. Hailing from Los Angeles, a melting pot of various cultures and ethnicities, Murs may be able to relate to the nation a little better than certain other candidates in the 2008 Presidential race.
6. In a world of hip-hop dominated by rappers spending money foolishly (sounds familiar, doesn’t it?), Murs gets by just well, promoting his art form on an indie-shoestring budget.
5. Murs created the greatest Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out parody video of all-time. This alone makes him worthy of being our nation’s president. Vladimir Putin has nothing on Soda Popinski.
4. Worked as a host for Al Gore’s Current TV, which had to give him at least some experience on global climate issues.
3. Doesn’t candy-coat or side-step the TRUTH!
2. Would be the first U.S. President with a one-syllable name. Eat your heart out William Henry Harrison.
1. If elected, Murs would have the best presidential hairdo since George Washington!