Summer Festival Season is upon us my friends! From April to September, our beautiful, music-loving country will host various festivals featuring all different types of music and attractions. With fewer and fewer packaged summer tours left, the weekend (all-in-one-place) festival is all the rage these days.
(left: Things to do this summer: Toss around Wayne Coyne in a huge see-through ball)
From Coachella to Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo to Sasquatch, Treasure Island to Austin City Limits, there’s a good chance you’ll be hitting up a festival sometime this summer. To get you prepared, I’ve decided to throw a small pop quiz. You can catch the video simulcast on today’s episode of Lunchbox (Noon EST).
Note: The text version of the quiz (below), has a couple bonus questions!
Does everybody have a No. 2 pencil? Alright, let’s do this:
1. Which Summer Festival takes place in the city cleverly named, George, Washington?
A. Rock on the Range
2. Which festival is Kanye West playing this year?
A. Virgin Mobile
D. All of the above
3. Which musical act performing at Bonnaroo will probably NOT be performing in a pair of sandals?
B. Jack Johnson
C. Willie Nelson
4. Rocklahoma is held in Pryor, OK. If the festival ever had to relocate, where would be the best place to hold it?
A. Little Rock, AR
B. Rock Mill, MO
C. Slippery Rock, PA
5. At which festival will you be able to ride the legendary roller coaster, “The Cyclone (left)“?
A. Gathering of the Vibes
B. Siren Fest
C. Mountain Jam
6. At which festival are you most likely to encounter teenage boys wearing tight pants and sporting overgrown bangs?
B. New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival
7. With it’s three headliners (Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, and Rage Against the Machine), Lollapalooza is paying tribute to the 90’s. Match the songs below with the appropriate artists:
8. If it’s hot-as-balls outside and you get to take in sets from the Foo Fighters, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, and Gnarls Barkley, you’ll be attending what festival?
A. Near Fest
C. Austin City Limits
9. If you say to your friend, “Wow, I just noticed that Public Enemy are only playing songs from their It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back album,” you are attending what festival?
B. All Points West
C. Sun Fest
10. Why will Snoop Dogg be in Rothbury, MI this summer?
A. He has a summer home in Rothbury.
B. Dr. Dre has a summer home in Rothbury, and every summmer Snoop likes to visit him.
C. He’ll be performing at the Rothbury Festival.
1-B, 2-D, 3-A, 4-C (Slippery Rock is an hour-and-a-half away from Pittsburgh, which is the greatest city in the world), 5-B (Siren is held at Coney Island–if you do ride the Cyclone, be careful, it’s a very rough ride), 6-C, 7 (NIN, “Wish,” RATM, “Freedom,” Radiohead, “Just”), 8-C, 9-A, 10-C, Well, how did you do?