On this week’s brand-new Portlandia, Fred leaves Portland for the ex-pat life. One thing he’s likely to miss is Portland’s mayor, ably played by the amazing Kyle MacLachlan. Fortunately for us, Kyle took to Facebook to answer questions about Portland’s rat problem, tasty coffee and much more. (There’s even a David Lynch reference in there for hardcore fans.)
Check out some highlights from Kyle MacLachlan’s Facebook Q&A below, and be sure to catch him on a brand-new Portlandia this Thursday at 10P on IFC. (Click here to find IFC on your TV in your area.)
1. “Is the pay better as mayor or a federal agent? Asking for a friend.”
KM: the FBI pays pretty well…and the coffee’s good
2. “What’s the longest time you have waited in line for brunch?”
KM: 3 days
3. “Serious question: how much coffee is too much coffee?”
KM: I’ll let you know when I get there.
4. “Dear Mr. Mayor, What do you think about Portland’s hipster rat problem? How will it be fixed? Do you think everyone can live happily together?”
KM: as long as the rats wear some form of hat/cap/snood…there should be no problem.
5. “I found a human ear in the park. What should I do with it?”
KM: bag and tag
6. “When are you going to be a guest on The Pedal Powered Talk Show? It’s America’s only talk show on a bicycle and you’re America’s only Kyle MacLachlan!”
KM: could I use a seat cushion?
“YES! Let us know when you’re in Portland next! We’ll pedal to you!”
KM: you got it!
7. “With mayorial [sic] elections coming up in 2016, the role of fictitious mayors has become increasingly important for our fair citizens in Portland. How will you attempt to influence the election in favor of the collective ideals of Portlandia and its world citizens? Thank you and best of luck.”
KM: what was the question again?
8. “the ‘my portland’ song is probably one of my favourite clips of portlandia / tv in general. Were you at all nervous at all having to make up the song on the spot?”
KM: terrified. and thank you 🙂
9. “Does Portlandia want to become a sister city with Honolulu? I’d love to see that happen 🙂 Sending love from Hawaii! Can’t wait to visit the city!”
10. “With the influx of people moving to the area from neighboring states, how will you, the mayor, handle presmoerving the super awkward moments on the Tri-met? Why haven’t you shown the true awkwardness that is the max lines?”
KM: I will speak to Fred…I’m sure he’s already planning something.