Portlandia star, writer and co-creator Fred Armisen had so much fun answering your questions (read part one of our Q & A with him here) that he asked for more. So we went back to Facebook and Twitter and found more of your wild and wacky questions for the comic. We passed them along and he answered them on the plane as he headed out to the 2013 Independent Spirit Awards.
1. What’s the most ridiculous thing that’s ever happened to you?
Coming back from Canada into the U.S. with my band in the mid-nineties. The border guy stopped us and went through our van. I mean, really went through everything. He found some t-shirts and records that we had brought over to sell in Canada. But he accused us of having them made in Canada so we could sell them here. I was like “we’re FROM here!” But he didn’t believe us about our stuff, and we had to pay taxes on it!!! I was so mad. We’re just a little band, and what was his logic? Why would we do that? I’m still mad at him.
2. Which cast members that you’ve worked with on SNL make you laugh the hardest
Different people for different reasons. Jason says the most insanely funny things, and very quickly. Like immediately. He’s so funny. Kenan says things that kill me. Bill makes me laugh in sketches and it’s very very hard not to laugh when I’m in something with him. I laugh a lot if I’m writing with Vanessa. Everybody, really. I’m not kidding. It’s the best part about working there.
3. What is your favorite character to be from the show?
The home recording studio guy.
4. What do you wanna be when you grow up?
5. Fred, do you know where my grey sweater is? Not the v-neck one, the one with the stripes. I can’t find it.
You threw it in the closet, but not on the floor. Up above everything.
6. What book is on your nightstand right now?
A Visit From The Goon Squad
7. Knowing your body is 72% water, you ever get scared to drink more since you’re just 28% away from becoming a snowman?
What’s wrong with being a snowman?
8. If Harry Potter is the greatest magician why doesnt he ever correct his damn vision?
You don’t get it. Wearing glasses is an attribute. A magical power.
9. What’s the best & worst thing about dressing up as a woman?
Best thing: wigs
Worst thing: shoes
10. Hey Fred, what are your views on spray tanning bald cats?
That has been well covered. I wrote a few pieces about it for the New York Times.
11. What’s your Dream Drum Kit Set Up?
Green sparkle kit. 20″ kick, 14″ snare, 16″ floor, but instead of rack toms, 2 LP timbales. Drum throne set up high. DW pedal and hardware.
12. How do we know it is really you answering the questions?
Here is my signature. (-~/ ^~~n
13. Which Portlandia character is most like your real self?
14. Who’s your favorite muppet?
15. Did you shave your legs for SNL last Saturday?
16. You can’t spell friend without fred n i. will you be my best friend?
Ye. (You can spell yes without an s)
17. What’s the most ridiculous question you’ve been asked?
These Trenchmouth t-shirts in your van. Where are they from?
18. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
19. What are some of your favorite cities beside Portland?
NYC, Stockholm, London, Los Angeles.
20. What is your most favorite Hall & Oates song?
21. Do you like hedgehogs?
22. Do you like when it snows?
23. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Portlandia airs on IFC on Fridays at 10/9c