Wednesdays are tough. You’re halfway through the week, but there’s still half of the week left. Luckily Wednesdays mean brand new Maron, with yet another chance to gain some much needed wisdom from Marc Maron. This week Marc continues to dig himself out of his own personal hell, making us all wiser in the process. Before you catch tonight’s Maron, check out some Marc quotes to get you over “Hump Day.”
1. Set realistic diet goals.
Instead of looking up how many calories you have left for today’s nutritional intake, admit that you just want something of the whipped and creamy variety.
2. Assert yourself into the conversation.
Instead of letting people walk all over you, be like Marc and demand to be heard…even if it’s just to tell someone to shut up.
3. Trust no one. Except Marc.
Instead of trying to figure out which friend could keep a secret, admit that you yourself couldn’t keep a secret to save your life.
4. Minimize your shortcomings.
Instead of blaming the world for your failures, admit when it’s your own damned fault…to a point.
5. Celebrate accomplishments. Even minor ones.
Instead of wishing for greater success, take pride in the ways that you have excelled without judgment.
6. Remember that every day is filled with potential.
Just make sure you have enough coffee.
7. Demand proof from others.
Instead of potentially being in someone’s shadow, throw doubt on anything they haven’t properly documented.
8. Take a moment to reflect.
There’s a first time for everything.
9. Be honest about where you’re at right now.
Instead of avoiding embarrassment, embrace it.
10. And finally, remember the important things in life.
Instead of bemoaning the inadequacies of your relationships, perhaps due in part to items 1 through 9, just focus on the physical.