In PORTLANDIA, Peter and Nance are obsessed with confirming their chicken's local origins and fall in with an agrarian cult.
• At the Portlandia Farmers Market, you can meet the farmers and learn about the origin of your berries, tomatoes, eggs and salmon — all with no risk of being lured into a cult!
six locations • portlandfarmersmarket.org
In PORTLANDIA, Fred and Carrie prove how well-read they are by trying to one-up and outdo each other with their media and literary references.
• Find everything you could ever want to read at Powell's City of Books, where 1.5 million new and used books fill five floors and a full city block.
1005 W Burnside St • powells.com
In PORTLANDIA, new brunch hotspot "Fisherman's Porch" gets a write-up in the local paper, prompting Peter and Nance to give it a try — only to find hundreds of others had the same idea as the line stretches around the block.
• The eclectic menu at Portland's hottest brunch restaurant, tasty n sons, flaunts international flavors — think Burmese pork stew, kimchi with rice, Israeli shakshuka and a full English breakfast.
3808 N Williams Ave • tastynsons.com
In PORTLANDIA, Toni and Candace own the feminist bookstore "Women & Women First," where they host journaling classes and fend off unintentional sexual innuendos.
• in other words in Portland is the real feminist book- store, a non-profit, volunteer-run, community center whose mission is to support, enrich, and empower the feminist community through literature, art and cultural events.
14 NE Killingsworth St • inotherwords.org
In PORTLANDIA, Jade and Gavin visit the knot store, "Artisan Knots," looking for an offbeat housewarming gift.
• Featuring artisanal works from more than 90 local vendors, CraFty wonderland, is the place to go to find the best handmade goods in the Northwest.
808 SW 10th Ave • craftywonderland.com
In PORTLANDIA, Garmin the Little Guy devours a donut at Voodoo Doughnut in an effort to get a head start on the next clue in the citywide scavenger hunt.
• Voodoo doughnut is well-known for its wacky décor and crazy creations — not to mention its famous Maple Bacon Bar, a maple bar topped with strips of real bacon. • voodoodoughnut.com
Hey SAG Awards Voters!
Pack a bag and head on up to Portlandia, Fred Armisen & Carrie Brownstein's dreamy and romanticized rendering of Portland, Oregon.
- "Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series" (Fred Armisen)
- "Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series" (Carrie Brownstein)