Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why am I am being asked to authenticate with my cable provider to access full episodes on the IFC app?
Full episodes are offered as a benefit to cable subscribers whose provider offers the full episode service and whose package includes the IFC channel. We require a cable login to confirm your access.
Please note: The IFC app does occasionally make select full episodes available without requiring login.
2. Which cable providers provide access to full episodes on the IFC app?
- AT&T U-Verse
- BEK Communications
- Bright House Networks
- Cable ONE
- Charter Spectrum
- Comcast XFINITY
- EPB Fiber Optics
- Hawaiian Telcom
- LUS Fiber
- Liberty Cablevision of PR
- Midcontinent Communications
- Randolph Telephone
- Swiftel Communications
- Time Warner Cable
- Verizon FiOS
If you are unsure whether you have a username/password for your cable company or you’ve forgotten them, you can recover both by contacting your cable provider via the links listed above.
More are being added regularly so please check back if you don’t see your provider on this list.
When you click to watch a full episode, you will be offered the opportunity to login using the username/password associated with your cable account. You can also sign in via the main navigation menu.
3. What if my cable provider isn’t listed?
If your cable provider does not provide the full episodes service, please check back periodically to see if they’ve been added. We are currently working on bringing new providers on board.
4. Do I need a cable provider log in to watch video extras on the app?
No, video extras are available without a cable provider login.
5. Why am I being signed in automatically to my cable provider?
Since we use the same authentication service as other TV apps, your cable provider account may be carried over to the IFC app for your convenience.
6. Why am I being asked to sign in again?
Your cable provider may ask you to re-verify your account periodically.
7. I logged in with my cable provider username/password but when I attempt to play a full episode, I get an error message that says I am not authorized to view this content. What does this mean?
If you have seen this message, it means that you are either a customer of a supported cable company but not a customer who subscribes to IFC, your subscription is for Internet only, or parental control settings are blocking this content.
Therefore, you cannot access the full episode on the IFC app. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your cable company and confirm that you are subscribing to IFC.
8. Do all full episodes require authentication with my cable provider?
Sometimes individual episodes are offered without login requirements during limited promotional periods.
9. Which IFC originals are featured in the IFC app?
IFC originals with available full episodes are featured on the home screen. The IFC app also features our most popular shows.
10. Is closed captioning available on the IFC app?
You can always count on IFC originals being closed-captioned whatever device you use. IFC is committed to providing closed captioning for our hearing-impaired viewers.
11. Am I able to resume a full episode I was watching before I exited the app?
Yes. If you navigate to the ‘Recently Watched’ page found in the main navigation menu, you will see a list of recently watched full episodes. You can tap on an episode to restart or resume play.
12. Can I simultaneously sign into multiple devices?
Yes, you can simultaneously sign into multiple devices of the same platform but your cable provider may restrict a maximum number of allowed devices for concurrent streaming.
13. Which devices are compatible with the IFC app?
We recommend using Android 4.2 and up.
14. Which operating systems are compatible with the IFC app?
We recommend using the latest operating system for Android.
15. Do I need to be connected to the Internet or Wi-Fi to access full episodes on the IFC app?
Yes, you will need a Wi-Fi connection or a 3G connection or higher.
16. Is the app free to download?
No purchase is required to download the IFC app, but to view certain full episodes, you must login with your cable provider. For more information, click here.
17. Is the IFC app available for download internationally?
Currently, the IFC app is available for download in the United States, Canada and U.S. territories including American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, US Military, United States Minor Outlying Islands and US Virgin Islands.
18. Does the IFC app have push notifications?
We do not have push notifications at the moment.
19. Does the IFC app support Chromecast?
We are currently working to have Chromecast enabled on the IFC app. We appreciate your patience.
20. I am running into technical difficulties on the IFC app. What should I do?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with our app, please make sure you have the correct system requirements. Also, please try closing the app then reopening it and signing in again. If the problem persists, please contact us at email@example.com giving detailed information including your device model, operating system and cable provider if applicable.
21. I have a question about the IFC app that is not listed here. What should I do?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about the IFC app is that is not listed on this page.
22. Have more general questions about IFC or want to contact us?
Contact IFC at email@example.com