Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why am I am being asked to authenticate with my cable provider to access full episodes on IFC?
Full episodes are offered as a benefit to cable subscribers whose provider offers the full episode service and whose package includes the IFC channel. We require a cable login to confirm your access.
Please note: The IFC occasionally makes select full episodes available without requiring login.
2. Which cable providers provide access to full episodes on IFC?
If you are unsure whether you have a username/password for your cable company or you’ve forgotten them, you can recover both by contacting your cable provider via the links listed HERE
More are being added regularly so please check back if you don’t see your provider on this list.
When you click to watch a full episode, you will be offered the opportunity to login using the username/password associated with your cable account. You can also sign in via the main navigation menu.
3. What if my cable provider isn’t listed?
If your cable provider does not provide the full episodes service, please check back periodically to see if they’ve been added. We are currently working on bringing new providers on board.
4. Do I need a cable provider log in to watch video extras?
No, video extras are available without a cable provider login.
5. Why am I being signed in automatically to my cable provider?
Since we use the same authentication service as other TV apps, your cable provider account may be carried over to the IFC app for your convenience.
6. Why am I being asked to sign in again?
Your cable provider may ask you to re-verify your account periodically.
7. I logged in with my cable provider username/password but when I attempt to play a full episode, I get an error message that says I am not authorized to view this content. What does this mean?
If you have seen this message, it means that you are either a customer of a supported cable company but not a customer who subscribes to IFC, your subscription is for Internet only, or parental control settings are blocking this content.
Therefore, you cannot access the full episode on the IFC app. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your cable company and confirm that you are subscribing to IFC.
8. Do all full episodes require authentication with my cable provider?
Sometimes individual episodes are offered without login requirements during limited promotional periods.
9. Which IFC originals are featured on IFC.com?
IFC originals with available full episodes are featured on the home screen. The IFC app also features our most popular shows. You can access the home screen by clicking on ‘Shows’ in the menu bar.
10. Is closed captioning available on IFC.com?
You can always count on IFC originals being closed-captioned whatever device you use. IFC is committed to providing closed captioning for our hearing-impaired viewers.
11. Am I able to resume a full episode I was watching before I left the site?
Yes. If you navigate to the ‘Recently Watched’ page found in the main navigation menu, you will see a list of recently watched full episodes. You can tap on an episode to restart or resume play.
12. Can I simultaneously sign into multiple devices?
Yes, you can simultaneously sign into multiple devices of the same platform but your cable provider may restrict a maximum number of allowed devices for concurrent streaming.
13. I’m running into technical difficulties on IFC.com. What should I do?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please make sure you have the correct system requirements. Also, please try refreshing your browser. If the problem persists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org giving detailed information including your device model, operating system and cable provider if applicable.
14. I have a question about IFC that is not listed here. What should I do?
Please email email@example.com if you have a question about the IFC app is that is not listed on this page.
15. Have more general questions about IFC or want to contact us?
Contact IFC at firstname.lastname@example.org.