PORTLANDIA CO-OP PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR RECEIVE AN OFFER OR BE SELECTED AS A TWITTER TAKEOVER HANDLER
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
OFFERS VALID WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
The Portlandia® Co-Op Promotion (“Promotion”) is sponsored by Independent Film Channel LLC (“Sponsor”), 11 Penn Plaza New York, NY 10001, and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC (“Administrator”), 25200 Telegraph Road, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION AND TIMING: The Promotion consists of (a) two (2) limited time and quantity based offers for eligible entrants (“Entrant(s)”) to receive a Portlandia-inspired poster (“Portlandia Poster”) and to have the opportunity to have their hand-made coffee cup cozies or sleeves (“Hand-Made Cozie(s)/Sleeve(s)”) purchased by Sponsor, as more fully described in Sections 5 and 6 of these Official Rules (each an “Offer”), and (b) an opportunity for selected Entrants to takeover the Twitter handle for Portlandia (“Twitter Takeover”), as more fully described in Sections 7, 8 and 9 of these Official Rules (a “Twitter Takeover Handler”). The Promotion begins at 12:00 PM (Noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 8, 2012 and ends upon the first to occur of either 11:59:59 PM ET on January 4, 2013, or when all supplies are exhausted with respect to each Offer or either 11:59:59 PM ET on January 4, 2013 or when all Twitter Takeover Handlers have been selected with respect to the Twitter Takeover (“Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the Promotion’s official clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Administrator and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective advertising, promotion and web design agencies and promotional suppliers and the immediate family members of such employees, officers and directors (i.e., spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) and members of the same household (whether related or not) of such immediate family members, and any other individuals/entities associated with this Promotion are not eligible to enter or receive an Offer or be a Twitter Takeover Handler. Void in Puerto Rico and outside of the 50 United States/District of Columbia, and where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, local land municipal and laws and regulations apply to this Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, each Entrant must logon to http://www.ifc.com/shows/portlandia/co-op (the “Website”) and submit his/her valid e-mail address. If it is the Entrant’s first visit to the Website, then he/she must first complete and submit the registration information requested by Sponsor including, but not limited to: entire first and last name (no initials), street address (no P.O. Boxes allowed), city, state, ZIP code, telephone number and date of birth. After completing registration, an Entrant may participate in either or both of the Offers and/or enter the Twitter Takeover.
Each Submission must meet the following “Submission Criteria”:
- Must be the Entrant’s own exclusive, wholly-original, previously unpublished, and previously un-produced work (e.g., it must not have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or been exhibited or distributed previously in any media);
- Must not contain any computer virus and is otherwise uncorrupted;
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement;
- Must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator, or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion and its administration;
- Must not in any way contain any brand names, company names, logos or trademarks other than those of Sponsor;
- Must not include any individual other than Entrant, unless Entrant has obtained such individual’s permission and provides a signed release form from each individual upon Sponsor’s request;
- Must not include personally-identifiable information;
- Must not contain images or artwork not created by Entrant;
- Must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Must not be the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Submission is created.
The Entrant in creating any Submission must have not engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Promotion that may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property, that may or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person, living things or any property, or that may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortious conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party.
Sponsor reserves the right to approve or reject Submissions that do not adhere to these Official Rules, in its sole discretion. Submissions under Sections 6 and 7 of these Official Rules are limited to one (1) per Entrant during the entire Promotion Period.
EACH ENTRANT REPRESENTS, UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE WILL NOT BE PAID FOR OR RECEIVE ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION OR ROYALTY (OTHER THAN AN OFFER OR TWITTER TAKEOVER HANDLER OPPORTUNITY AS STATED HEREIN IF SELECTED AS AN OFFER RECIPIENT OR TWITTER TAKEOVER HANDLER) IN EXCHANGE FOR GRANTING SPONSOR THE NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE TO POST ANY SUBMISSION. Each Entrant waives all intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might limit or preclude Sponsor's use of any respective Submission and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against Sponsor, Administrator and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and their advertising, promotion and web design agencies, promotional suppliers, TV production partners and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns of each and any other individuals/entities associated with this Promotion (including Twitter and Etsy) (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), arising out of or connected to the use of any Entry or Submission. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission.
Sponsor grants Entrants a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to use Sponsor’s name, product, trademarks and logos (collectively, “Sponsor’s IP”) for the sole purpose of participating in this Promotion. Entrants are not permitted to make any further use of Sponsor’s IP for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, Entrants recognize that all right, title, and interest in Sponsor’s IP shall vest exclusively to the Sponsor, and Entrant agrees that she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title, or interest in and to the Sponsor’s IP, except for the limited license granted to Entrant in these Official Rules, is transferred or created. Each Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor’s IP rights are valid and enforceable, and that Entrant shall do nothing to challenge the validity or enforceability of Sponsor’s IP in any forum. Entrants agree that the use of Sponsor’s IP is permitted only for the purpose of participating in this Promotion, and that any use of Sponsor’s IP (whether in any Submission or otherwise) beyond this scope infringes the rights of Sponsor and will result in irreparable harm to Sponsor.
4. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant into the Promotion hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys without further compensation to Entrant unless otherwise prohibited by law to the Sponsor, and its successors and assigns, an exclusive license in and to the Submission for exploitation throughout the universe by means of any and all media and devices, whether now known or hereafter devised, for a period commencing from the date of each such Submission hereunder and ending twelve (12) months after the completion of the Promotion, and thereafter Sponsor is granted a non-exclusive license in and to such Submission for exploitation throughout the universe in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices, whether now known or hereafter devised. Sponsors shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter each Submission for any purpose which Sponsors deem necessary or desirable, and each Entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges that, except as set forth above, such Entrant does not reserve any rights in or to his or her Submission.
5. POSTER OFFER: Entrants of the Promotion will receive a Portlandia Poster, while supplies last. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5.00 per poster.
6. COFFEE CUP COZIE/SLEEVE OFFER: During the Promotion Period, Entrants who wish to may offer their Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves to Sponsor for sale. Entrants interested in selling their Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves must send their full name, their Etsy® store name, if they have a store on Etsy®, the quantity of Cozies/Sleeves they will make available to Sponsor for purchase (but only up to 20) and a picture of the Entrant’s actual Hand-Made Cozie/Sleeve itself to email@example.com. Sponsor may purchase up to 1,000 Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves, at a price of up to approximately $10 each, maximum of 20 per Entrant/household. Sponsor will base purchase decisions on the following criteria: (a) whether the Hand-Made Cozie/Sleeve embodies the spirit of Portlandia, (b) the quality of the Hand-Made Cozie/Sleeve construction and (c) the creativity of the design for the Hand-Made Cozie/Sleeve. The sponsor will purchase Cozie/Sleeve, that, in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, satisfy the foregoing criteria. Photos of submitted Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves will be reviewed by Sponsor in the order that they are received until 1,000 Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves have been purchased. After 1,000 Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves have been purchased, the Sponsor will be under no obligation to purchase any additional Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves regardless of whether or not the additional Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves satisfy the foregoing criteria.
Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves must meet all Submission Criteria set forth in Section 3 of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to not purchase any submitted Hand-Made Cozie/Sleeve if none meet the above criteria, and reserves the right to purchase fewer than 20 from an Entrant at its sole discretion or to purchase any Hand-Made Cozie/Sleeve at any price up to approximately $10. Administrator will notify selected Entrants that their Hand-Made Cozie/Sleeve will be purchased prior to the actual purchase. If Sponsor chooses to purchase any Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves from an Entrant, Sponsor will make such purchase in accordance with Sections 6 and 10 of these Official Rules through the Entrant’s Etsy store, if available, via PayPal®. If Entrant does not have an Etsy store, Sponsor will send a check made payable to the Entrant for the total value of the purchase, calculated at up to approximately $10 per Hand-Made Cozie/Sleeve. Entrant is responsible for all shipping charges and sales or other taxes associated with the purchase and shipping of the Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves to the Sponsor. All shipping instructions will be provided to Entrant at time of purchase.
Sponsor will use any Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves purchased in any manner it sees fit, including distribution at events or to independent coffee shops nationwide. By participating in this Offer, each Entrant whose Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves has been purchased, agrees to release all rights and claims to any such Hand-Made Cozie/Sleeve and its design, including without limitation, with respect to any product or service developed, produced, distributed or sold based on the same.
NOTE: Due to the way Twitter operates its service, Sponsor may not receive Twitter Submission from Twitter users with "protected" updates (i.e., Entrant has set his/her account so that only people the Entrant has approved can view his/her updates). If an Entrant tweets via SMS from his/her wireless phone, the Entrant’s wireless-service provider may charge the Entrant for each text message sent and received. Entrants should consult their wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply.
8. SELECTION OF TWITTER TAKEOVER FINALISTS AND TWITTER TAKEOVER HANDLERS: Each Twitter Takeover Submission will be reviewed by IFC independent judges and judged based on how well it demonstrates the submitting Entrant’s ability to use the Twitter platform correctly and efficiently and illustrates lifestyle that embodies the spirit of Portlandia. Based on such criteria, on or about November 27, 2012, Sponsor will select approximately thirty (30) Entrants, if possible given the Entrant response rate and quality of Twitter Takeover Submissions received, who Sponsor has determined to have submitted the best Twitter Takeover Submissions (“Finalist(s)”). Until approximately January 4, 2012, Sponsor will interview each Finalist by phone to determine which Finalists will be chosen to receive an opportunity to be the voice and spirit of Portlandia on Twitter. Each Finalist will be judged based on the following criteria: (i) Finalist’s ability to use the Twitter platform correctly and efficiently, (ii) lifestyle that embodies the spirit of Portlandia and (iii) Finalist’s phone interview. Upon the conclusion of the interview process, Sponsor shall choose no fewer than ten (10) but no more the twenty (20) Twitter Takeover Handlers from such Finalists, if possible, given the number of Finalists ultimately interviewed and the quality of the interviews . Each Twitter Takeover Handler will have an opportunity to be the Portlandia Twitter Handle. Twitter Takeover Handlers are subject to Sponsor, Twitter, legal and other applicable requirements and approvals, which Twitter Takeover Handlers must agree to abide by. In the event that a Twitter Takeover Handler engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, brings disrepute upon Sponsor, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such Twitter Takeover Handler and select an alternate Twitter Takeover Handler who is the Finalist who the judges determine had the next highest score (“Finalist Runner-Up”).
9. TWITTER TAKEOVER HANDLER: Each Twitter Takeover Handler selected will have the opportunity to be the Portlandia Twitter Handle for at least three (3) hours on a date to be determined by Sponsor.
10. HOW TO CLAIM AN OFFER OR TWITTER TAKEOVER HANDLER: Portlandia Posters will be shipped to each Entrant, at the mailing address entered by the Entrant during registration by Sponsor within six (6) to eight (8) weeks after entry, while supplies last. If Sponsor chooses to purchase any Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves from an Entrant, Sponsor will make such purchase either through the Entrant’s Etsy store, if available, via PayPal®. If Entrant does not have an Etsy store, Sponsor will mail a check made payable to Entrant within two (2) to three (3) weeks after contact by Administrator. Entrant must ship its Hand-Made Cozies/Sleeves within two (2) business days of receiving payment in accordance with Sponsor’s instructions provided at the time of payment. Each Twitter Takeover Handler will be notified via e-mail by Sponsor, at the email address entered by such Twitter Takeover Handler during registration, within two (2) business days of selection of the final Twitter Takeover Handler with further instructions of scheduling and content delivery. If any potential Offer recipient or Twitter Takeover Handler fails to respond to Sponsor in accordance with any instructions, fails to provide the purchased product within the timeline specified, is found to be not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if the Offer, Offer notification or any Twitter Takeover Handler notification is returned as undeliverable, or if any Twitter Takeover Handler cannot be the Portlandia Twitter Handle on the date or at the time designated by Sponsor, the potential Offer recipient or Twitter Takeover Handler forfeits the Offer or Twitter Takeover Handler opportunity. If any Twitter Takeover is forfeited by a Twitter Takeover Handler for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award such Twitter Takeover Handler to the Finalist Runner-Up, time permitting.
Before being declared a Twitter Takeover Handler, the potential Twitter Takeover Handler will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release and may be required to may be required to execute and return a background check authorization form (collectively, the “Legal Documents”) within five (5) business days from the date postmarked as having been sent by the Sponsor or its representative, or the Twitter Takeover Handler may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be forfeited. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct background checks on any such potential Twitter Takeover Handler. If any such background check results are unsatisfactory (e.g., they reveal a person not of good character or standing in their community, or who has a record of criminal activity, or who has been the subject of a restraining order or protective order or who otherwise has a past history of substantial anti-social behavior or who otherwise represents a danger to persons or property), such potential Twitter Takeover Handler may be automatically disqualified and Sponsor may then select, as an alternate, the Finalist Runner-Up, time permitting.
All Offers and the Twitter Takeover Handler opportunity are non-substitutable and, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, non-transferable. Each Entrant receiving an Offer or becoming a Twitter Takeover Handler is subject to all federal, state and local taxes. Any and all taxes imposed on an Offer or a Twitter Takeover Handler are the sole responsibility of the Offer recipient or a Twitter Takeover Handler.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: If, at the time of entering the Promotion, an Offer recipient or a Twitter Takeover Handler is not of the legal age of majority in his/her state of residence (a “Minor”): (a) the Offer or Twitter Takeover Handler may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, in Sponsor’s discretion, (b) any use of the Minor’s name, city, state, likeness will be subject to the prior written approval of his/her parent or legal guardian, and (c) the Minor’s parent or legal guardian will be required to execute the Legal Documents on the Minor’s behalf and all representations, acknowledgements, understandings, agreements, releases and the like made or to be made by a Minor hereunder shall be made or deemed to be made by the Minor’s parent/legal guardian. The Promotion Entities (including Twitter and Etsy) are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable, e-mail, or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Promotion Entities (including Twitter and Etsy) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). The Promotion Entities (including Twitter and Etsy) are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or proceed with the Promotion, including the selection of a Twitter Takeover Handler, in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of a Offer recipient or a Twitter Takeover Handler from among eligible Entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. THE PROMOTION ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO ANY OFFER, TWITTER TAKEOVER HANDLER OPPORTUNITY OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE OFFERS OR TWITTER TAKEOVER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AN ENTRANT MUST CHECK LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. Further, the Promotion Entities (including Twitter and Etsy) are not responsible for, and shall be indemnified by any Twitter Takeover Handler or Offer recipient against any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, use, misuse, possession, or loss of an Offer or Twitter Takeover Handler.
Promotion Entities (including Twitter and Etsy) shall not be responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees (or if a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian agrees): (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor, Administrator and judges which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Promotion Entities (including Twitter and Etsy) in connection with the Promotion; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities (including Twitter and Etsy), harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating, in whole or in part, from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind even if the Promotion Entities (including Twitter and Etsy) have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Promotion, including but not limited to any Promotion-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s Entry, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion, (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Promotion materials, (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of an Offer or the Twitter Takeover Handler opportunity (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Promotion Entities’ (including Twitter’s and Etsy’s) control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Promotion, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the Entry (including, without limitation, the information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Website or websites or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Promotion Entities or by an Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Promotion, the Website or any other Promotion-related website or websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Promotion, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Promotion Entities, or any of their agents or employees, (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), (p) the collection, use and/or sharing of Entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or their designees, or (q) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant. Any and all activities related to any Offer or Twitter Takeover Handler opportunity, are at the Entrant’s own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities.
DISPUTES: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR ASSERTING ANY CLAIMS SHALL BE A PERIOD OF ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END DATE OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD.
14. publicity rights: By entering the Promotion and/or accepting an Offer or Twitter Takeover Handler opportunity, Entrants (or if an Entrant is a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) agree to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use their name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, world wide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law
15. GENERAL: All Entrants must have a valid e-mail address. In case of dispute as to the identity of an Offer recipient or a Twitter Takeover Handler based on the email address provided, Entry will be declared/made by the authorized account holder of the email address. “Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If any tie results in the judging of any Submission under this Promotion, the prevailing Submission will be one that best reflects the spirit of Portlandia. Participation in this promotion constitutes an Entrant’s (or if a Minor, his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s, Administrator’s and Judges decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. Being the Twitter Takeover Handler or receiving an Offer is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If it is discovered that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple e-mail addresses, multiple Twitter® accounts or multiple identities, all of that Entrant’s Entries will be declared null and void and any Offer or Twitter Takeover Handler opportunity an Entrant might have been entitled to receive will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any Entrant found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All Entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, packaging, and other Promotion media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
16. ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Promotion, Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of Entrants who will participate in the Promotion.
17. TWITTER TAKEOVER HANDLERS’ LIST: For a list of names of the Twitter Takeover Handlers, send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope to: Portlandia Co-Op Promotion Twitter Takeover Handlers’ List Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Requests must be received by February 20, 2013.
Official Rules can be found at www.IFC.com
Sponsored by Independent Film Channel LLC, 11 Penn Plaza New York, NY 10001
Portlandia is a registered trademark of Broadway Video Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission
Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. All rights reserved.
Etsy is a registered trademark of Etsy, Inc. All rights reserved.
PayPal is a registered trademark of PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with Twitter, Inc., Etsy, Inc., or PayPal, Inc.
© 2012 Independent Film Channel LLC. All rights reserved.