You may not think of Scarface as life changing, but that’s because you’re focusing on all the wrong things. Tucked in between the drugs, violence, and more drugs and violence, are little pearls of profanity-laced wisdom. Here are 5 quotes that can change your life.
5. “In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.”
Tony’s dating wisdom is so poignant, it even inspired the 1998 song “Money, Power,Respect” by The Lox.
4. “Me, I want what’s coming to me…. The world, chico, and everything in it.”
Okay, so maybe Tony’s way of achieving success was a little illegal, but you have to admit the man was all about positive reinforcement. It’s like he was doing The Secret before anyone.
3. “All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don’t break them for no one.”
The whole “murderous drug dealer” thing aside, you have to admire loyalty in a person.
2. “Would you kiss me if I wear the hat?”
Sometimes in life, you have to laugh at yourself. And wear a stupid hat.
1. Is this it? That’s what it’s all about, Manny?
In a rather existential moment, Tony realizes that maybe having everything in the world isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. The man was deep like a puddle.