What would you do if you had three weeks to live? Actually, what would you do if the planet had three weeks to live? That’s the basic premise of Lorene Scafaria’s “Seeking a Friend for the End of the World,” which follows the tribulations of one man (Steve Carell) whose wife packs up and leaves when it’s announced that an extinction-level asteroid is hurtling towards Earth. Deciding to find his high-school sweetheart, Carell launches his roadtrip alongside his quirky neighbor played by Keira Knightley. A plethora of other comic talent (Rob Corddry, Patton Oswalt, etc.) co-star in the pic, which releases today.
To get the inside take on the film, we asked Scafaria to record a Call-In Commentary for us, where filmmakers provide audio commentary to their movie trailer. In the video below, the writer-director takes us inside her film, introduces the characters and tells us what’s so funny about the car scene. Check it out.
MORE CALL-IN COMMENTARIES:
– Watch the “Dark Horse” trailer with writer-director Todd Solondz
– Watch the “Snow White and the Huntsman” trailer with director Rupert Sanders
– Watch the “Bernie” trailer with writer-director Richard Linklater
– Watch “The Cabin in the Woods” trailer with star Fran Kranz
– Watch “The Moth Diaries” trailer with writer-director Mary Herron
– Watch the “Tim and Eric’s Billion Dollar Movie” trailer with Tim and Eric