Premiering November 24th on IFC, join master chef Sam Mason on “Dinner With The Band” as he invites his favorite touring bands to a Brooklyn loft for an intimate evening of cooking, conversation, and live performance. Part rocker, part chef, Mason creates “intellectual food” that stimulates the palate as well as the dialogue. “Dinner With The Band” begins airing Tuesday, 11/24 @ 11pm E/10pm C in the Automat.
This Thanksgiving Day, IFC will be running an all day marathon of films that celebrate food, family, excessive behavior and outrageous comedy. The fun starts at 7:30 am with “The Castle” and continues with “Bananas,” “The Full Monty,” “Raising Arizona,” “Sleeper,” “Super Troopers,” “A Fish Called Wanda” and an extra helping of the IFC Original Series “Food Party.”
To see a full listing of all the films and shows on IFC this month, please visit the full schedule.
PREMIERES THIS MONTH:
- CRASH This winner for Best Picture and Director Oscar revolves around several people’s lives that are intertwined in a series of events occurring over the course of two days in Los Angeles. Ensemble cast includes Matt Dillon, Sandra Bullock and Don Cheadle. Directed by Paul Haggis (In the Valley of Elah). Premieres Friday, November 13th @ 07:00PM.
- FACTOTUM Hank Chinaski tries to find work worthy of his talents while not interfering with his passion for writing. Based on the alter-ego of real life author Charles Bukowski. Stars Matt Dillon, Marisa Tomei and Lili Taylor. Directed by Bent Hamer (Kitchen Stories). Premieres Tuesday, November 17th @ 07:25PM.
- THE CROSSING GUARD Sean Penn wrote and directed an ensemble cast in this film about a couple’s daughter killed by a drunk driver, and the toll it takes on their marriage, life and the lives of others. With Jack Nicholson, Anjelica Huston and Robin Wright. Premieres Wednesday, November 4th @ midnight.
- OPEN WATER 2: ADRIFT A group of friends partying on a yacht find themselves stranded in the middle of the ocean after jumping in for a swim, and realizing they forgot to lower the safety ladder. Feature directorial debut by Hans Horn. Premieres Saturday, November 21st @ 11:00PM
- THE CHANGELING After a man’s wife and daughter are tragically killed, he moves into a new home only to find that it holds a haunted past. Stars George C. Scott. Directed by Peter Medak (Romeo is Bleeding, The Krays).Premieres Wednesday, November 11th @ 08:00PM.