I scream, you scream, we all scream for Indie Screams in October, when we here at IFC offer you our finest selection of indie horror films in honor of Halloween.
This year we’ve got classics like the original “Texas Chain Saw Massacre” alongside awesome films from horror’s new guard, including “Ginger Snaps” and “The Devil’s Rejects.”
And the scares aren’t only on our air. Check out our new web series “Dead & Lonely,” from “House of the Devil” director Ti West, kicking off Monday the 26th.
- CABIN FEVER Five college students go away to the woods and have a run-in with a flesh-eating virus in director Eli Roth’s debut.
Airs Wednesday, October 21st @ 7:25pm.
- GINGER SNAPS “Jennifer’s Body” has nothing on this Canadian horror comedy about a pair of outcast teenage sisters dealing with high school, puberty and the fact that one of them has been bitten by a werewolf.
Airs Thursday, October 22nd@ 7:10pm and Saturday, October 31st at 8pm.
- PUMPKINHEAD Oscar-winning special effects wizard Stan Winston made his directorial debut with this revenge tale about a bereaved farmer who summons a demon to avenge the son he lost in a car accident.
Airs Friday, October 23rd @ 7:30pm.
- SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE Giving the filming of F.W. Murnau’s 1922 classic “Nosferatu” a behind-the-scenes horror twist, this movie stars Willem Dafoe in an Oscar-nominated performance as actor Max Schreck, whose performance as a vampire is assisted by the fact that he might actually be a bloodsucker off-screen as well.
Airs Saturday, October 24th @ 8pm.
- STRANGELAND Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider wrote, produced and stars in this slasher about Captain Howdy, a serial killer who finds his victims online.
Airs Sunday, October 25th @ 8:30pm.
- IT’S ALIVE B-movie schlockmeister king Larry Buchanan directs this story of a loony farmer who kidnaps people to feed the prehistoric monster he finds hidden in a cave on his land.
Airs Monday, October 26th @ 8pm.
- TURISTAS A group of travelers uncovers an organ theft ring after getting stranded in a small village while backpacking through Brazil.
Airs Tuesday, October 27th @ 7:25pm.
- THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE Hugely influential, not to mention still one of the scariest movies ever made, Tobe Hooper’s 1974 film follows Sally and her friends as they encounter some unfriendly locals when visiting the family homestead.
Airs Wednesday, October 28th @ 8pm.
- EATEN ALIVE Tobe Hooper takes on Louisiana in this 1977 follow-up to “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre,” about an inn-owner who feeds anyone who offends him to his pet gator.
Airs Wednesday, October 28th @ 9:30pm.
- THE DEVIL’S REJECTS Rob Zombie’s sequel of sorts to 2003’s “House of 1000 Corpses” tracks the psychotic Firefly family as they take to the road, with an equally deranged sheriff on their trail.
Airs Wednesday, October 28th @ midnight.
- JEEPERS CREEPERS Justin Long and Gina Philips play a brother and sister whose road trip home is enlivened by a run-in with an ancient demon on a once-every-23-years feeding frenzy.
Airs Thursday, October 29th @ 8:25pm.
- JEEPERS CREEPERS 2 The Creeper is back, and he’s brought his appetite with him in director Victor Salva’s sequel to his popular 2001 sleeper that finds the creature snacking on a bus of high school basketball players and cheerleaders.
Airs Friday, October 30th @ 7:15pm.